- Salish Sea Curriculum
- Get Involved
- Washington Shellfish Initiative lifts Native Oyster Restoration Efforts in Puget Sound
- When the Tide Goes Out, the Table is Set
- Falstaff on the Beach
- First Contact
- Native Oysters Making a Comeback
- Baby oyster planting extends hope for renewed population
- Saving the Sound
- Shells lure oysters home in Woodard Bay
- Volunteers dump seed oysters in Fidalgo Bay
- The Olympia oyster, a tasty and nearly extinct little morsel
- Oyster restoration effort helps to clean up Sound
- Press Releases
- Additional Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
Garden of the Salish Sea Additional Education Resources
Additional Shellfish, Marine Resource and Related Learning Information
- Explore Puget Sound habitats and marine life with David W Jamison http://www.pugetsoundsealife.com/puget_sound_sea_life/Home.html
- Florida Pacific University 2010 Ocean Science Lecture Series, Dr Susan Larrimore-Oysters Got the Blues: Emerging Bivalve Diseases and Climate Patterns. You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4E6Mj33IWo The first fifteen minutes is a great overview.
- Leaping Frog Films, "Restoration Gone Wild" Film Series. A collection of environmental stories focusing on wildlife habitat restoration and native species recovery programs including Restoration of the Olympia Oyster and Restoration of the Pinto Abalone. Video sales and rental.
- Intertidal Zone Animals - EnchantedLearning.com
- Man and Mollusk - Internet Resource Site for Students, Educators, and anyone wanting to learn more about the fascinating world of the Mollusc / Mollusk. http://www.manandmollusc.net/
- Marine Resources of Whatcom County, Whatcom County MRC Projects - Whatcom County Clam Surveys.
- Pacific Coast Shellfish Growers Association
- Pacific Education Institute.
- Puget Sound Partnership Resource Center, Shellfish Resources,
- The "Man and Mollusc" web site is all about one of the largest and most interesting phyla of animals in the world,-“the molluscs”!
- The Shape of Life: The Story of the Animal Kingdom. Share with students one of the greatest stories of all time - How did animal life evolve on planet earth? shapeoflife.org/
- Washington State Department of Health Marine Biotoxin Program
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife: Fishing and Shellfishing, Recreational Shellfishing Public Clam and Oyster Beaches
- Western Washington University, Huxley College, InstituteOf Spatial Information and Analysis, http://staff.wwu.edu/stefan/SalishSea.htm, Salish Sea Map and more.