Garden of the Salish Sea Additional Education Resources
Additional Shellfish, Marine Resource and Related Learning Information
- A Snail's Odyssey, Tom Carefoot retired faculty, University of British Columbia communicates the author's knowledge of marina invertebrates in photo and animated formats. http://www.asnailsodyssey.com/LEARNABOUT/CLAM/clamGrow.php
- Explore Puget Sound habitats and marine life with David W Jamison http://www.pugetsoundsealife.com/puget_sound_sea_life/Home.html
- Florida Pacific University 2010 Ocean Science Lecture Series, Dr Susan Larrimore-Oysters Got the Blues: Emerging Bivalve Diseases and Climate Patterns. You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4E6Mj33IWo The first fifteen minutes is a great overview.
- Leaping Frog Films, "Restoration Gone Wild" Film Series. A collection of environmental stories focusing on wildlife habitat restoration and native species recovery programs including Restoration of the Olympia Oyster and Restoration of the Pinto Abalone. Video sales and rental.
- Intertidal Zone Animals - EnchantedLearning.com
- Man and Mollusk - Internet Resource Site for Students, Educators, and anyone wanting to learn more about the fascinating world of the Mollusc / Mollusk. http://www.manandmollusc.net/
- Marine Resources of Whatcom County, Whatcom County MRC Projects - Whatcom County Clam Surveys. http://www.whatcommrc.whatcomcounty.org/MRC/projects/clam_survey.htm
- Pacific Coast Shellfish Growers Association. http://www.pcsga.net/
- Pacific Education Institute. http://www.pacificeducationinstitute.org/
- Puget Sound Partnership Resource Center, Shellfish Resources. http://www.psparchives.com/our_work/waste/shellfish/shellfish_resources.htm
- The "Man and Mollusc" web site is all about one of the largest and most interesting phyla of animals in the world,-“the molluscs”!
- The Shape of Life: The Story of the Animal Kingdom. Share with students one of the greatest stories of all time - How did animal life evolve on planet earth? http://www. shapeoflife.org/
- Washington State Department of Health Marine Biotoxin Program. http://www.doh.wa.gov/ehp/sf/biotoxinprogram.htm
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife: Fishing and Shellfishing, Recreational Shellfishing Public Clam and Oyster Beaches. http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/shellfish/beaches/
- Western Washington University, Huxley College, InstituteOf Spatial Information and Analysis, http://staff.wwu.edu/stefan/SalishSea.htm, Salish Sea Map and more.